The College Library is known as “The SRIPATI LIBRARY” which has been so named from 2.5.1979 in honour of the memory of Late Sripati Nanda, Retd. I.P.S. It functions in its new building from the session 2002- 2003.
A. LIBRARY RULES :
The College Library contains text books other books of Academic importance. The staff, the students and others, specially permitted by the Principal may use the Library books.
The Library remains open from 9.00 A.M. to 4.30 P.M. during all working days and closed on Sundays and other holidays. Persons of unsound mind and with un-clean dress and habits are not allowed to the Library. No student will be entered in to library premises without proper dress code.
RULES FOR BORROWER OF BOOKS :
1. No book should be taken out of the Library without knowledge of Librarian or Asst. Librarian until it has been entered in Issue Register and the entry attested by the borrower.
2. Each borrower must examine the condition of the book before it is issued. Otherwise in case of mutilation discovered later, the presumption will be against the borrower
3. Books must be returned within the period allowed to a borrower. The students may keep the books in their possession for a maximum period of one month. If the student fails to return the same by the stipulated period i.e. one month, five paisa per book per day will be realised from them towards default fine.
4. Borrowers are required to return all the books issued to them before the college closes for Summer Vacation for the purpose of physical stock verification.
5. Anyone having any library book in his/her possession should return the same to the Library when he / she receives from the Professor-in-charge or Librarian requisition for return of such book.6. (a) Students should surrender their Library Cards at the
Library Counter at the time of obtaining clearance.
(b) A duplicate Library Card may be issued to a student on receipt of genuine evidence in support of the loss of original card. In such a case, the student will have to deposit a sum of Rs.20/- (rupees twenty) only in the Accounts section. The student concerned will be held responsible for getting books issued against the original as well as the duplicate cards. In the event of recovery of the original card the same should be returned to the library for cancelation.
(c) No triplicate Library Card will be issued to students.
7. Books must be returned to the Librarian or to the Asst. Librarian or any Assistant in-charge at the counter.
8. No marginal notes should be made in Library books or magazines. Students are advised not to remove any picture, page or disfigure them in any other way. Students damaging books in any manner will be penalised. In extreme cases where the book is found to have been badly damaged the borrower should replace the book.
9.(a) In case of transfer of the employees or students the document like L.P.C/T.C /Council Certificates Mark-sheets should not be issued unless a clearance certificate is received from the Librarian.
(b) In case of retirement, financial benefits like sanction of G.P.F. of final withdrawals, Pension papers should be held up unless the clearance certificate is received from the Librarian.
10. The names of the persons responsible for improper use of library books will be reported to the Principal.
11. The Professor-in-charge of the Library has the right to stop issue of certain books to borrowers which are, otherwise called reserved books or reference books.
12. A borrower against whom any over due or other charge is outstanding shall not be allowed to borrow any book from the library and one who has got a library deposit shall not be allowed to withdraw it until the library dues are cleared.
13. If any borrower keeps a library book in his/her possession for more than the time allowed on purpose no more books will be issued to him/her until the books are restored to the library and a fine paid for the delay.
14. All persons who enter the library must observe strict silence. All talks except what is necessary for transaction of library business are strictly forbidden inside the library. Professors are expected to use their influence to promote the observance of this rule.
15. Spitting, smoking, sleeping inside the library and putting one’s legs on the library furniture are strictly prohibited.
16. Entry of unauthorized persons into the library is prohibited.
17. The following is a list showing the maximum number of books that may be issued to various classes of borrowers at a time
1. Principal/Reader / lecturer 30
2. Lecturer (Management Payment) 15
3. Member of the Governing Body 10
4. Librarian / Demonstrator / Lab. Asst. / P. E. T. 10
5. Ministerial staff / Store Keeper / Artist. /
Mechanic / Lab. Attendant . 03
6. (a) Ministerial staff (Management Payment) 05
(b) Menial’staff 05
7. Student +3 stream 04
18. A book onee issued to a borrower may be re-issued to him only when nobody else wants to take the same. Books before being re-issued should be presented before Librarian for necessary entries in the register.
19. Books will be issued to students on production of both Library & Identity Card.
20. The period for which a member of the staff can keep a book in his possession shall not exceed a month.
If somebody wants to keep any book for a longer period he may get it re-issued if there is no demand for the book by others. He shall obtain permission of the Principal to that effect.
21. Reference books and Reserved books shall not be issued for use at home without the special permission of Professor-in-charge of the library.
22. Any book lost or damaged or defaced by a borrower must be replaced by him or her. If the book is one of a set or series and the volume cannot be obtained singly the whole set or series must be replaced at the borrower’s cost. If that book is not available; the borrower just pay triple the rate of the current catalogue price. It must be insisted that book be replaced as far as practicable.
23. A reading room is provided near the library. Those interested may read newspapers, magazines, journals and reserved books to be issued to them in a daily issue register. On production of their Identity Card. These books, magazines etc. should not be taken out of the reading room.
24. The students are advised to return the books to the library on the same day during office hours, failing which a fine of Re. 5/ - for magazine / journal and Rs. 10/- for reference book per day will be realised from them.
25. Student’s admission to the stock room without permission is strictly prohibited. No one will be allowed to enter the stock room with his personal books.
26. All the rules are subject to amendments according to necessity. Persons using the library are required to abide by these rules. Ignorance of library rules is no excuse.
BOOKS IN THE LIBRARY :
Library (+2) 13339
Book Bank 2646
Magazine & Journals 42
News Papers 18