Day Scholars Association
. The Association shall be called S. V.M. Junior College Day Scholars’ Association.
2. The membership of the Association shall be confined to the Day Scholars of the college.
3. Each Day Scholar shall pay a subscription Rs.12/- annually.
4. The aims and objectives of the Association are to foster team spirit to inculcate spirit of fellowship and co- operation among all the Day Scholars, in order to maintain a healthy and cordial atmosphere in the college.
5. There shall be a Vice- President of the Day Scholars’ Association nominated by the’Principal from among the members of the staff. He normally presides over all the meetings of the Association except the annual general meeting. The Principal may nominate one or more Associate members from among the teaching staff.
6. The Association shall hold an annual general meeting and the Principal or his nominee will preside over the meeting.
7. There shall be Secretary and Asst. Secretary elected from among the students of the college. The election may be held along with the general election of the college if the Principal so likes or on any other date determined by the Principal.
8. The Secretary with approval of the Vice-President shall organise all the functions of the Association and shall be in charge of maintaining all the minutes of meetings and correspondences. The Association may organise debate competitions and invite eminent persons to deliver lecture to the students. The Asst. Secretary will assume the duty of the Secretary in the absence of the Secretary.
9. There shall be an Executive Committee consisting of
(a) The President -Principal (Ex-Officio)
(b) The Vice-President
(c) Associate members from among the teaching staff.
(d) The Secretary
(e) The Asst Secretary
(f) Class Representatives (one from each class)
10. The Principal may at his option nominate students of the Executive Committee to make up any deficiency in representation.
11. The funds of the Association shall be under the control of the Principal. All expenditure to be incurred for the Association shall be subject to his approval.
12. Meeting of the Association shall be open to all the members of the staff of the college as visitors.
13. The Principal shall be the final authority in all matters relating to the Association.
14. The Ganesh Puja and Saraswati Puja shall be celebrated in the college campus.